- OVCH’s CCC is the only skilled nursing facility in the Valley that is associated with a hospital, which makes our CCC able to accept patients who require a higher level of care due to their condition.
- It is extremely rare for residents of a rural community to have a full-service acute care hospital and skilled nursing facility where they live.
- The CCC staff provides patients with nationally-recognized excellent care. In 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid evaluated our Skilled Nursing Facility for its quality outcomes and awarded the Ojai Valley Community Hospital’s Continuing Care Center a 5-star rating—the highest possible. Although this wasn’t a surprise to anyone who works there, it was rewarding to know that an outside evaluation confirmed our experience—and that of our patients.
- Residents of the Ojai Valley are able to access the CCC’s high quality of care so close to home, enabling them to visit their loved ones or receive care themselves without having to leave the Valley.
- The CCC has 66 beds and is consistently at near 100% occupancy. Revenue from this facility makes it possible for OVCH’s inpatient hospital, Emergency Department and outpatient services to continue to be available to the Ojai community.
- Built on land directly behind the current CCC
- 75 Beds: 7 private rooms and 34 2-bed rooms
- Spacious lobby and dining room
- Private admitting area
- Enlarged Physical Therapy Department for treatment indoors and outdoors
- Landscaping surrounding the facility to enhance the healing environment.
- Rooms arranged in “Wings” of 15, 21 or 24 beds each.
- As much as possible, short term patients will be in separate wings from longer-term patients
- Each room will have its own toilet and shower.
|AREA||EXISTING CCC||NEW CCC / SNF|
|Nursing and Support||1,580 sf||4,797 sf|
|Dietary Support||1,711 sf||2,781 sf|
|Physical Therapy||375 sf||2,437 sf|
|Total Building Area||18,165 sf||41,934 sf|
|Activity/Courtyard Areas||1,666 sf||12,661 sf|
Construction of the new CCC represents the final of a three-phase project to improve OVCH and its CCC. Phase 1 addressed required seismic upgrades to OVCH (air conditioning, roof replacement). In Phase 2, the hospital was renovated to improve the entry (make it ADA compliant); remodel the lobby waiting area; provide a private admitting area; and modify the façade to allow it more compatible with Ojai architecture. Phases 1 and 2 were paid for in whole by the Community Memorial Health System.
Phase 3 is the construction of the new Continuing Care Center. The total cost of this project is $17 million. Of that figure, the System will invest $11.3 million and the Ojai community is being invited to participate in a $5.7 million philanthropic campaign.
2014 Hospital Seismic Upgrade
2015 Hospital Renovation
2016- 2018 New CCC